Message to Our Valued GuestsTo Our Valued Past and Hopefully Future Guests.The galas and parties are cancelled. The fundraisers are postponed. Theatre and concerts are either virtual or cancelled. The golf outings are postponed. The large events of the past decade aren't generating travel to the Hamptons this year. But.... the old fashioned reasons for visits are very much available to our guests.The beaches; the light; the walking paths and hiking trails; the exquisite flowers and trees and the abundant birds and bunnies (and deer and turtles); the fishing and surfing and kayaking and sailing and.... just reading a good book listening to the wind in the trees or watching the waves rolling in from the Atlantic.... these are the things that we all continue to enjoy after Labor Day in Southampton.
- The heated pool is open until October 15th (weather permitting).
- The polka dotted shuttle to Coopers Beach will run on weekends through the end of September. Mid week you do not need a resident parking permit. The lifeguards, however, are no longer guarding the swimmers.
- Complimentary Beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels are available for your comfort.
- Bicycle rentals are available to our guests through end of November (or weather permitting).
- Claude's Restaurant will continue its award winning breakfasts daily, as well as the all-day dining picnic and weekend brunch. Please call for updated hours.
- Tennis court is ready for play.
- Bedside Reading bags of newly published books are offered to our guests for your reading/relaxing in the library, on the lawns, patios, parks, beach, your guest room.... (while supplies last).
The Southampton Inn post Labor Day rates are much reduced. Most dates have vacancies. Connecting rooms are available for family getaways. Rates midweek for September and October are $210-$275 and $275-$375 for weekends. Discounts available for stays of 3 nights or longer. Monthly room rentals for $3,500 (+ tax and fees) from November through March are available in lieu of house rentals (includes housekeeping, utilities, garbage removal, and available breakfasts).Please call us at 631-283-6500 or or visit us at www.southamptoninn.com to explore further.
- Restaurants are serving inside (at 50% capacity) as well as outside.
- Retail shops are open and some have end-of-season sales.
- The Southampton History Museum, Southampton Arts Center, and Southampton Cultural Center, have Covid compliant exhibits and activities. Check our links to find the offerings and schedules.
- There is a farmer’s market on Sundays in Agawam Park with art, artisan foods, and sometimes music.
- The Carriage House thrift shop is open weekends at the Southampton History Museum. Great treasures and unique finds available at reasonable prices.
- We still offer swimming at the beautiful beaches, surfing, sailing, fishing.
- The Quogue Wildlife Sanctuary is open.
- Elizabeth Morton Wildlife Sanctuary is open.
- Conscience Point rock and path are beautiful in the late summer/early fall.
- Sears Bellows walking paths and hiking trails are open and welcoming.
- Farm stands are selling their fabulous fresh produce.
- Wineries are open mostly by appointment for tours and tastings.
Plan Your Stay
It’s the perfect time to plan a refreshing stay by our beautiful beaches, just one mile from the Inn. Plus we’re within walking distance of Main Street and Jobs Lane, shopping and wonderful arts and cultural experiences.
The Southampton Inn’s ballroom, lawn and gardens, library, Claude's Restaurant and indoor and outdoor dining spaces, offer ideal settings for your wedding. Plus, with 90 elegant, overnight rooms, you have a unique opportunity to have the majority of a Hamptons property all to yourselves (availability permitting). Our talented chefs oversee the restaurant’s onsite catering for groups ranging in size from small to large events of up to 400 people. Contact [email protected] or 631-283-6500.
Corporate Meetings and Retreats
Corporate meetings and retreats at the Southampton Inn offer your team full-service meeting facilities, charming guest rooms, delicious catering and access to the magnificent seaside experiences of historic Southampton Village.
Contact our experienced event planners to discuss your ideal package. Email [email protected] or call 631-283-6500.
- overnight guest rooms
- breakfast, lunch and dinner options available
- meeting room or conference space
- AV (screen, flip charts, podium, etc.)
- WiFi and parking
- special activity planning including themed-dinner and scavenger hunts
* Multi-day and larger event pricing and catered meals available.
Claude’s Gallery is now open! The current exhibit is curated by ARDT Gallery and features artwork by Ceravolo, Candice CMC, Robin Morris, Charles Ford, and Nickol Renae.
Book Your 2020 Event
Host your party at the Inn. From gatherings in Claude's Restaurant or our Library to elegant celebrations in our ballroom or one of our spacious banquet spaces, make your event unforgettable. Our events team will orchestrate your ideal celebration, from 10 to 200 people.
Rent-a-Restaurant (Claude's closed for your party)
Experienced event planners
Book your party today. Call 631-283-6500 or email [email protected]
Dining at Claude’s
Claude's Restaurant has been transformed to The Great American Picnic Place, open from 7 am to 7 pm daily. Menus consist of all of your favorite breakfasts as well as sandwiches, salads, soups, and freshly baked sweets. You can take your picnic basket (with rose or champagne, fruit smoothies or home-made iced tea) to your favorite table; in the beautifully planted courtyard, on the pool patio, the cafe, the ballroom, the lawns, to your guest room or Agawam Park. There is plenty of room to spread out and enjoy your old fashioned picnic.
To host a private party in Claude's, email [email protected]
Enjoy the change of seasons in Southampton Village! Stay 5 nights, from Sunday to Friday, and get 10% off the room rate. Call 631-283-6500 or email [email protected]
Spas at 71 Hill Street
Pamper yourself at the day-spas, located just across the way at 71 Hill Street. At Yippee Feet, hotel guests can enjoy a one-hour full body massage for *$55 or one-hour foot massage for $35. Cosmic Nails is offering a *$39 mani-pedi. *Excludes tax and gratuity.